This is probably the most traditionally structured piece that I've improv'd in a while.
It also happened to be an improv that was really difficult to get started.
Sometimes I'm able to come up with something I'm happy with on the first try. Some days I have a lot of false stops where I just completely collapse and try something else. And this was one of those days.
Part of my problem was that I made a few attempts in keys that I'm not really familiar with. I guess I could chalk it up to there being a lack of intuition as to what key will produce what sound.
And of course, it's on my list to get really familiar with a whole bunch of chord progressions in all of the keys. Along with a million other todo items.